The Legend of Zelda - Zora's Domain Hip Hop Remix

Kaypain

made using FL9, sampled and sliced, added a choir and the drums

My first beat I done. This is one of my favorite VG scores ever. It's a great relaxing song. I'm a fan of hip hop. Not the modern garbage these artists are putting out these days Im talking about the Real Hip Hop. So yeah tell what you think I'll like some opinions before I submit it.

I like the beat and the choir, but the rest is really just a track. I mean, it's a great concept and all, but maybe you should do something else with the actual theme. Like maybe recreate it with other instruments? This will help. You should try and recreate the steel drums for sure. They're really nice. And another thing, the choir is sometimes so far off key it made me want to turn it off. Try and fix that.

That beat is really good though. :mrgreen:

PS. Youtube sucks quality down the ever-flushing toilet. Try using MediaFire (free), or Tindeck (also free).

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah this is just a rough draft theres so much I want to do with this. I wanted to recreate the sounds but it's hard without a usb keyboard. Plus it's not going to be that long. I'm going to add some original instruments in there somewhere. Maybe tune down the choir also

It's really not all that hard. I don't know why you'd NEED a usb keyboard--all you'd really need for FL is your computer keyboard. Z to Period is one octave with sharps and flats, and then Q to P is another octave with sharps and flats.

Soundfonts work wonders.

DmiHammer has a VSTi that has a steel drum on it. Put it in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins path on a Windows computer (Vista). Here it is!

Update on MediaFire/Tindeck. Not Youtube. :mrgreen:

No I'm saying it was hard to do chords using just the computer keyboard you know what I mean? I play the piano alot and I know a lot of chords, and its hard to play them without a usb keyboard. Cuz the computer keyboard is just wierd. But thanks I'll try that out and see what I can come up with

Hi Kaypain!

A very cool drum groove here, but I fear that the melodic dissonance (starting around 1:28 ) couple with the songs' repetitive nature and heavy use of cut and paste sampling will incur some serious judge critique!

That said, I love your rendition- although I am a bit biased (I have some SERIOUS love for OoT AND the soundtrack :) )

Keep on rockin brother

Pretty much what everyone else is saying, very cool concept and very sexy beat, but that's just all it is. There's not enough meat to it. I definitely think overhauling it with different instrument voices would breath so much more life into it, because in my opinion, it's just the original with a hip hop beat under it with some slicing. Keep working at this though, I'm really curious to see what you make.