*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 2 'Chemical Club'

OceansAndrew

* Your ReMixer name: Psyguy

* Your real name: W. Bryon Beaubien

* Your email address: psyguy@gmail.com

* Your website: gg-guys.com

* Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile: 33765

* e.g. djpretzel (http://www.ocremix.org/forums/member.php?u=1) has the userid of "1"

Submission Information

* Name of game(s) arranged: Sonic the Hedgehog 2

* Name of individual song(s) arranged: Chemical Plant Zone

* Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. (if it has not yet been added to the site)

* Link to the original soundtrack (if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site)

* Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.:

Well, I'm pretty happy with this remix. It sounds kind of "out there" but still has a good beat it. I've been doing a lot of crap garage-band BS so it's nice to get something that doesn't sound so obvious.

Thanks,

--

Bryon "Psy" Beaubien

Some pretty cool ideas and processing, but the arrangement is way close to the original, with some effects added and some slight changes. The drop outs of some instruments and such are a cool idea, but the arrangement needs to be a lot more expansive, and while there are some cool effects applied, the arrangement is pretty repetitive and sounds cut and pasted. Fadeout at the end just seals the deal, really.

Sorry, but not different enough from the original, as far as arrangement goes. :-(

No

This honestly isn't far up from a cover of the original. There were some interesting sound choices, and while I wasn't crazy about the lead choice, I thought the other sounds worked well.

There needs to be more arrangement to this. I'd suggest listening to the recently posted mixes and comparing them to their sources to get an idea of how those mixers changed things around. I'd also suggest using our WIP forums to get feedback on the arrangement as you develop it.

NO