Sonic the Hedgehog 3: "Les mains de l'homme d'œufs" (current version: 2010-11-11) [Dubstep]

Not a Number

Original:

Please note: This is the first time that I'm making a dubstep song in Logic, so don't expect really high-end stuff. That said, I have had a fair amount of good feedback from people who are more experienced in making it.

Link to most recent Demo

Now, I will admit that, for the time being, it's very basic. But, dubstep usually tends to be.

There is a section in the chorus (~1:00) where it the time signature goes all wacky, but that's how I roll: I'm heavily inspired by a lot of prog music: I've done a dance song in 5/4, a metal track in 9/8; I'm not one to keep to tradition. :P That said, the original track changes time signature (from 4/4 to 6/4); I just went a little further (5/4, 6/4, 5/4, 8/4, 2/4)

I'm guessing that this track might be put down a little for using the actual source music at the start, but that's only to serve as a first build-up; a WIP this may be, but that's the only place it'll be at. I might put a couple filters on it to disguise it; I'm not entirely sure.

All that said and done, enjoy. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I swear the funny thing is I don't listen to much dubstep. but the more I listen to it... the more I realize that all the lyrics I write fit this genre of music... good shot man... this might be another one I write to just for fun... if it was up to be I wold record a demo and send it to you ta see how you like it...