*NO* Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario 64 'Crystal Clear'

DragonAvenger

Pretty logical connection between the two sources, they have a very similar feel between them, the piano that starts out the ReMix is a touch mechanical, but it works well enough, and once the soundscape is filled out, it's pretty pleasant. The transition to the second theme is rough though; the tempo shift starts out smooth, but then it gets rushed, and what could have been a pretty seamless transition gets jolted. The synth lead for the first part of Dire Dire Docks has an annoyingly slow attack, which ruins an otherwise solid feeling.

The main issue with this, however is the arrangement, or lack thereof. There is some instrument changes, but otherwise they are very lightly embellished covers. I like the sound, and think they are decently produced, but it needs more expansion. This is definitely there soundwise, just spruce up the arrangement and resub it please!

No, Please Resubmit

Agreeing with Andrew here; these are two sources that are a natural choice to meld together, and I like the overall style. Right now this isn't real big on the arrangement, aside from a little interpretation here and there. There's plenty of room to expand here, so have some fun with it!

The transition overall wasn't really working for me. I'm not sure if it's the rushing like Andrew said, or if it's something else, but overall it feels weak. I think it would definitely need to be addressed.

I like most of the synth choices overall, and the overall soundscape is nice, but the lead sound at 1:10 doesn't feel like it's a good lead synth, especially when it is used later in the SM64 theme. It is easily overpowered by some of the backing synths.

I think you have a good start here, but this needs some work. I recommend using the WIP forums to get some additional feedback and resubmitting.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...