FL Studio - sweet deal

Dissidia

Can you describe what is on the page? I am curious about the deal but don't want to like them without knowing what the group buy deal is.

Certainly:

How it works:

Send you Name, Email & Address as directed at the FL Studio Facebook Group Buy page and we will send you a special discount link to the value reached by the meter on the 20th December, 2010. You can use this link to buy FL Studio Fruity or Producer Edition. No strings attached!

Text copied from http://www.image-line.com/documents/news.php

Something I've never understood about FL:

If you don't really have a desire to do live recording, is there any reason to have the Producer edition over the Fruity edition?

I mainly just use FL to sequence VSTs, samples, and soundfonts together, and maybe do some effects for panning and whatnot. Is there any advantage the Producer version gives that's not already in the Fruity edition?

Something I've never understood about FL:

If you don't really have a desire to do live recording, is there any reason to have the Producer edition over the Fruity edition?

I mainly just use FL to sequence VSTs, samples, and soundfonts together, and maybe do some effects for panning and whatnot. Is there any advantage the Producer version gives that's not already in the Fruity edition?

along with live recording, producer edition and up also allows for automation clips which are 20x more useful than 'edit events', imo. also of note, fruity edition does not come with fruity soundfont player, which will run you an extra $30 i think. if you don't want to pay the extra, you'll have to go with sfz or some other inferior vst alternative :P