Solo Piano Medley: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

TGH

Man, I feel like I'm just spamming the WIP board with this crap. . . and from the same game, too. You guys must be getting annoyed. :wink:

But anyway, I was inspired by one of Willrock's latest remixes, "Above the Sky," to make a solo piano remix. And not only that. . . a remix MEDLEY. From the game--what else?--Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

This was actually made for a medley contest on a small forum.

http://tindeck.com/listen/gpns

If you have criticisms on the arrangement, save them. I'm not changing this arrangement. XD

I'm looking more to see if production is what I need to better, or if it's fine as is.

Thanks a lot!

-TGH

Oh yeah, the songs are as follows:

Mt. Blaze

Questionnaire

Run Away

Sky Tower

Sky Tower Summit

World Calamity

Staff Roll/Main Theme

It could just be me or my earphones but it sounds like all the sound is focused in the center with only small reverbed notes expanding to the left or right slightly. I think if you added more panning or stereo separation that might help, though I'm not sure how far you want to take those effect into play anyhow.

Otherwise, the transitions were stung together soo well in my opinion and added a nice flowing feel to the song. I do not have a great ear for details like this but everything as far as Velocity and Volume and EQ sounded okay to me. Great work as usual TGH!

Oh and hahaha this is also my first post, how luck are you buddy that I used it on you? xD

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to submit this now.

http://soundcloud.com/theguitahheroe/dreams-of-heroism

But still, even though it's submitted, I would like feedback if you could afford to give it. . . I'd like to know what you guys think :roll:

Thanks,

-TGH

PS. I don't feel like posting the sources of all seven tracks remixed here, so I'll just tell you this. . . I don't think source usage is a problem with this one hahaha :-D

I think the huge list of sources (along with your not posting links to them) turns people off from posting feedback...I'm not familiar with the sources at all, so as long as you're confident as far as source usage goes, this sounds great. I absolutely despise atmospheric piano (maybe that's not the technical term, I'm really not theory knowledgeable) but I will say I like this better than most I've heard.

The trill and then descending notes around 2:40 caught my attention as sounding rather mechanical. Then again at 2:51, the trill...not sure why, but those two things definitely stood out to my ears as unnatural.

Fix those and I wouldn't have anything more to criticize. :)