Lucidity

Hipnotyk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hipnotyk-Music/113610178708782?v=wall

I don't think I can directly link to the song, but there's the wall of my music page. Lucidity is the only original song I've posted on there, and I haven't been able to acquire anything other than Finale just yet so it doesn't sound as good as it could. If anyone would like to help me acquire a program that doesn't sound so... Finale-ish, that'd be great.

---

About the song. I put this together pretty quick over the course of two nights while at the Army School of Music. The instrumentation calls for a Flute, Clarinet, French Horn, and two mallet players. The song has a "opening theme of an RPG" sort of feel to it, the first song you hear when you turn on a video game and have various clips of the characters in battle. I incorporated some canon elements and gradual variations on the main melody as the song progresses.

Writing for this instrumentation has been quite fun. I have considered expanding the song to include a Tuba and snare/cymbals as it could use a little more bass and auxiliary support, perhaps when I can acquire some software that doesn't sound so primitive I will do that. Again, any help in that department is appreciated, I would love to be able to do some legit-sounding remixes and contribute to this community in a big way.

Anyways, let me know what you think of Lucidity. It's been fun getting back into writing music again and I plan on doing much more in the future.

SPC Harrison

-Hipnotyk-