Contra Force(NES) Prologue Orchestra-metal

Mak Eightman

Hello!! Happy New Year and Marry Xmass!!

This mix has lots of issues but arrangement is ready I think..

In first view too much reverb and may be compression.

Then some bass guitar play issues.

And at last I forgot to make fade-out effects in some places and of course mastering problems.

I'm drunk.. This is my excuse:mrgreen:

Here is the mix: stats.png

And the source:

Happy New Year and Xmas!! Again! And THANK YOU!! AWESOME holidays to You guys!!

man, I think this is pretty awesome. My main complaint would probably be the lead sound going on throughout most of the song, I don't think its a bad sound, or that you should get rid of it completely, but I do think that the song would really benefit from a more varied sound going on up front. Maybe more prominent layering of different instruments, or some harmony, or both.

I can see you might be making a deliberate decision to hold off on playing a lead with the guitar until the outro bit (which is a pretty cool part, btw), but I think it might work to use the lead guitar earlier in the song to make the lead in those earlier parts sound more varied. 'course you could just use something else. It's up to you. :-)

Oh wow that's some quality drumming right there

Violin sample could be higher quality (perhaps strings/chorus instead of a single violin)

Guitar that starts at 1:22 is very nice. The fade-out at 2:20 should also fade-out the violin (in wip2 it gets harder, after which it softens). The ending guitar riff is a good effect

Overall a very high-tier song

Last update. I think

http://official.fm/tracks/193559

Source again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUq36...891BE920F571CF

Some changes in instruments, synth-lead added, leading guitar added(sound reminds me "Rocked'N'Loaded" for some reason), mastering changes. Overall now mix sounds cleaner, better and.. different:dstrbd:

Thanks for advice guys!

still waiting for mod-review..