Themed MIXes

djeks00

i am thinking about starting to do a series of mix cds based on a theme. i have found so much grate music on here and while playing super mario world on the super famicom the other day had an idea to make a mix. obviously the first one is mario themed. i started hunting down songs with a similar style to deadmau5, tiesto, dj shadow, and the like.

this is what i have so far:

super mario world:

koopa vs kefka

super mariocean

turning terrors

monstrous turtles! <- main song that inspired me the most ^_^

super mario rpg:

last night a dj kidnapped mallow

leafcutter

super mario galaxy:

meteorites and rabbits

super mario bros.:

dirty mix

super mario bros 3:

pipes

aquacadence

super mario 64:

the alternate route

pearl song <- personal favorite ^_^

devastation's doorway

liquid mario

this is only an idea at this point and i haven't sat down and planed anything out yet.

i do know one thing though, i will only release it to you all here on oc remix only.

i am 100% open to any feedback and suggestions for this. please pm me and let me know what you think. i am trying to go for a deadmau5 and tiesto style on this as that is the style i am used to from djing at the clubs.

i apologize if this is posted in the wrong place ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

Are you trying to produce your own remixes in these styles or just looking to build collections based on the styles?

If it's a DJ set you're talking about, it may be a great way to get people acquainted with remixes they wouldn't normally download. However I would prefer to not stick to just one series of games.

I experimented with making a short set where the BPM would gradually become faster. Thus, the track choices were more based on how well they'd sound together and not what are considered OCR "must haves" or "classics".