R4-Burnout(Move me by R4)

Zeroboros

Its been a while since i posted anything up here but I found a song that really needs some tweaking and I hope you guys can help with this. Found this song on a ridge racer soundtrack and I fell in love with it. The song's name is move Me(youtube it up trust me you'll like it) I decided to give it a go and remix it but i dunno if it needs more work. Let me know what you think! feedback is much appreciated!

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10155572

Alright, I'll give it a whirl (source here).

Nice build-up. I'm suspecting I can hear a style to your music :razz:.

At 1:26, those synths are too crowded, there - too much sound going in the same frequency range. Try dropping one of the synths there (preferably not the busy one, 'cause it sounds kind of cool).

Pretty sweet style, overall. The piano sound doesn't stick out nearly enough, considering it is the closest thing to a melody, when it comes into play. Bring it closer to the front.

I enjoy the synth 'guitar' thing, but please lower the fuzz, a little bit. It's distracting, atm. The guitar solo lead from 3:11 - 3:35 is too long. Cut one of the repetitions, since it doesn't improve the track, at all. Get to the meat of that section quicker (you know, with the strings and all that jazz).

The strings, while very nice right now, could be better if you made them swell and make their articulations more realistic. They'd work great, then.

From 3:11 - 5:26 you seem to have the same pattern and build on top of it. While at any point in time it sounds great overall it wears on the ears and grates on the person. You could cut out half of that section and it would work far better. You could, to compensate, have a section that mimics an earlier style you have (like 1:32 or 1:57) so the end of the track ties into the beginning. Have fun with it, but that last buildup is far too long.

The overall mix seems to be a little high-heavy. EQ'ing the mastertrack so the highs are not so bad would be a good idea. Also, I hear some overcompression (especially at parts like 2:25), so be careful to open that up a little bit better.

Having said that, this is a kickass track. Fix it up and put it up for mod review. I think this track has a good shot at OCR. Give it a shot, I say.

God that was pretty precise but exactly what i needed to hear. Thanks for the compliment man, I'm hoping that when I finished with this track it can go up on OCRemix and I actually get my foot in the door so to speak lol. The thing is that Although I have a lot of fun remixing this thing The original has way to many places to work with its also tricky to pick the right parts and hope it works. but my main itch(so to speak) with it is that it switces genres so many times in the song its crazy......and yet it dosent mess up the flow. i wanna keep that same pace and add some new elements to it.