Harvest Moon 64 Winter Theme - Piano Arrangement

thephoenix

The winter theme (song played throughout winter) for Harvest Moon 64. While the game wasn't the best HM game to date, it was a very memorable one. I figured with the cold weather outside and it snowing in Texas, which is still hard to believe, this song would work perfectly. Made it a bit more dark and cold, so to speak. Let me know what you guys think.

My piano arrangement:

Original:

Wow, this is awesome. A great arrangement of an under-remixed song, and game. It really does feel dark and depressed. Whenever there's a farming RPG, the Winter music is always so depressing. Kinda makes me not wanna play.

I'm no music major, I just know when stuff sounds purdy to me. The only thing I think might make this a little more interesting is if the tempo was slowed even more, and maybe if it was a bit more...I don't know what the word I'm looking for is, like if the tempo was broken? The execution of the piece is brilliant, but it feels a bit too solid. If you could make it sound like if you were falling asleep while playing it, you know? It would give it some more character.

That's just me rambling. It's still a wonderful piece.