*NO* Chrono Trigger 'Morning Sunlight'

DragonAvenger

• 2 weeks later...

Production is overcompressed, but there is some cool sidechaining going on, and the sounds used are really pleasant and mesh together well.

The arrangement was pretty expansive, though it relied on the chord progression for a decent amount of it. There was enough source melody in it for me to think the arrangement is passable.

Not much to say but this is reasonably expanded, and I really like the arrangement and sounds used, but please ease up on the master compression. It is really holding this track back for me. :-(

No, please resubmit

I really like the idea you have behind this, and I would love for you to flesh this out to a fuller arrangement. Right now I feel like the arrangement runs through the source twice, and doesn't expand very much. Maybe you could incorporate another source in here, if you are running low on ideas.

Aside from being overcompressed, I enjoyed the sound choices and the different production aspects here.

I really want to see this one again, please relook at it!

NO (please resubmit)

• 1 month later...

I like the idea here, but it's not expansive enough, mainly sticking to the original melodies and chords and just repeating. Also the mixing isn't that great, possibly because of the sidechaining compression used. I think applying the compression to the lead didn't work out that well and made the song too disorienting. Some of the quieter sections sounded the best. Cool ideas, but not a complete package yet.

NO