Contact Information

Your ReMixer name: fabiosilva

Your real name: Fábio Silva

Your email address: aragao.silva@gmail.com

Your website:

Your userid: 40151

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Sonic Colors

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Reach For The Stars (Dance Remix)

Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. (if it has not yet been added to the site)

Link to the original soundtrack (if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site)

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.: This is my dance remix for 'Reach For The Stars' from Sonic Colors. This remix was made using Acid Pro 7 and Reason 5. I heard this song while playing the game this weekend and really liked it's melody, but didn't like the punk-rock arrangement that much. I'm not a big fan of punk-rock myself and I'm also pretty much into old school sonic music, so I guess I like sonic better with a pop/dancing beat and lots of synths on it. This is why I decided to remix the song and give it more of what I'd imagined for a sonic colors song. I wanted to add vocals to the song, but couldn't find an acapella version, cannot sing myself and all my tries to isolate the vocals of the original song failed miserably, so this is an instrumental-only version. Hopefully somebody will make an acapella version of the song available and I will be more than happy to add it to the mix. Anyway, I hope you guys like it! Regards from Brazil.

Fábio.

--------------

• 2 weeks later...

The arrangement idea here is really nice, slowing up the tempo to make it a little more danceable, and in a lot of way you succeeded, but the mixing is pretty off. The drums and bass feel right, but the melody is really buried, and the arpeggio synth is way too loud. Also, the choir sample at the beginning was pretty weak and exposed sounding, and should have been pushed back a little more to disguise the sample.

Also, beyond the genre shift, there isn't much interpretation, so I think some further expansion is needed. Take the melody and try bringing it somewhere new, or add a new section, maybe change up the chord progression for one of the choruses. Little things like that really work in helping you to put your own personal spin on a track. If you would like more ideas, I recommend hitting up our WIP threads!

No

Definitely a good choice to slow this down and make it into a dance track, but as Andrew said, right now there isn't enough interpretation on the source. I'd like to see you work on adding more and expanding on the source more. The ending is also a bit weak and could use a bit more work.

The lead synth isn't too bad, but it might be a nice idea to change it around to add some different textures into the song. I'm also agreeing with OA on the balance needing to be fixed up to bring out the lead a little more and pull back on the arpeggiating synth.

You've got a good start here, but it needs some work.

NO

• 1 month later...

Though the criticisms OA and DragonAvenger had are totally valid, I still found myself enjoying this as background music. It's quite pleasant! Unfortunately, it needs to be more than pleasant to cut it as an OC ReMix. The lead needed to be more prominent. Try raising it an octave and shifting it to an instrument that cuts more. There was also a great deal of repetition in this, and there needed to be more expansion beyond a genre shift. Think about ways in which you can vary the nice base you've got so far.

NO