*NO* Mega Man Zero 2 'Never Stop'

DragonAvenger

ReMixer Name: Cyril the Wolf

Email: cgpelkey@yahoo.com

User ID: 14729

Game Arranged: Mega Man Zero 2

Song Arranged: Gravity

Hey guys! This is an arrangement I did for the August DoD that I felt was too good to let slip through the cracks (see every other non-project mix of mine) and of course it features my awful voice as lead! YAY!!

This mix may seem conservative, especially since the intro is almost verbatim to the source, but I change it up more noticeably as the song continues. Around :50 I change the beat around which that riff is built. I added a little repeating line that kept the song from stagnating, and I change up the vocal melody each time with different octaves and trills and other such things in the verses. 2:32 on is a very interpretive bridge, with the guitar solo switching meters for some fun. The final chorus also changes up the rhythms significantly.

I've been overly meticulous with this mofo, but I think the work pays off. If this gets on the site, maybe I'll complete all my other vocal mixes becuase I can't keep my freakin' mouth shut!

Lyrics:

Energy flows through their wires

They will never tire

All the time you had fought for

They never stop

Foolish humans, faulty machines

Giving rise to evil things

One by one they will fall to you

Though... they never stop

Over and over again

The forces of evil rise

Over and over again

They come meet their demise

You keep fighting through the protest

Some think giving in is best

Keep going through your own misgivings

This will never stop...

Over and over again

Our innocents will all die

Over and over again

No matter how long we cry

Fear has power if we give it

You gave us hope and spirit

We will take this threat no longer

WE WILL NEVER STOP!!!

Over and over again

We fight for all our lives

Over and over again

We always will survive

------------------------

• 1 month later...

I like the arrangement concept here a lot. VGM songs don't always lend themselves to being sung, but the melody here was perfect for voice. Every issue I have deals with the execution, and unfortunately, there were a few.

This gets better the further along it goes, but some of the quieter parts in the beginning were rough. The guitar that opens the song didn't fit into the soundscape well - it sounded dry and kind of boomy, and maybe could have some (more) compression. The drums hit next and were somewhat dull and dry, didn't really deliver the impact they should have. The mixing there was also a little cramped. In the first verse, the intro guitar didn't quite line up timing-wise and was distracting. Finally, there are some points where your vocals go pretty off. The performance suited the song, but see if you can correct some of the bum notes.

I think this needs to be tighter before it can pass, but the arrangement is really cool. Finish it up for us, Connor.

NO (resubmit)

• 4 weeks later...