Mega Man X - Stormed Eagle

Dj Monkay

You can just press "go advanced" when in editing the first post in a thread to get to change the thread title. Also, yup, spelled me right. :D

Still has some clashes. Try listening for them yourself, for notes that don't fit with the other notes. The intro clashes with the rest of the tracks, too. Learn to tell. :P Read up on music theory, especially harmony and scales. I'd direct you to wikipedia, but its music theory pages are more formal theory oriented so they might not be all that intelligible to you, idunno. :P

Thanks for the advice. i tried to fix all the annoying noises and make things more simpler. i dont know if i should stick with this project or move on or juz quit. If anybody wants to collaborate to make this song worth listening to i dont mind. well this is all i could do to it for now.

Click here to listen to Megaman X - Stormed Eagle.mp3

Still suffering many of the same problems. I recommend picking an easier source to practice on, or writing an arrangement that doesn't use the parts that you have trouble getting right.

Aside from just learning to tell when notes clash, experiment with different notes, chords, and scales on a piano track (using a piano sound makes it easier to tell). See what notes go together, what notes don't.

Here's an excerpt from my in-rogress music guide for newbs, from the section about chords and scales:

(terminology: interval = distance between different pitches/keys)

Chords are easiest to learn on a piano. Hold three notes on the white keys, make sure there's a white note between each you hold. Why only the white keys? Well, they make up a scale (C major or A minor, depending on how you look at it - same notes), which is a series of notes that sound good together. Most piano rolls indicate which notes are "white keys". If instead of C major you wanna use G major/E minor, you start from G and play the same intervals between notes... so that you use F# instead of F.

Learn scales. Stick to scales. Write stuff, listen to stuff, learn stuff, make good music. :)