*NO* Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 'Light's Out' *RESUB*

DragonAvenger

Remixer Name: Lashmush

Email: rasmussorber@gmail.com

User ID: 27698

Game: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Song remixed: Shadow Battles (aka Final Battle)

Comments

Okidoki, after reading your feedback on the previous version, I totally didn't

cry or anything, but understood what you were saying and after listening once

more I noticed that what you we're talking about was abundantly clear now to me

as well. In comparison to my recent works, it was a horribly engineered track.

The compression was devastating it so I went back to it and redid the mix

and master, this time being a lot more sparing with the compression to enhance

clarity and definition in all aspects. I also gave the guitars a redefinition using the

tone settings and DSP-chains from my album work. The drums are now tuned

and mixed identically to the album as well, so the overall sound should be much

better, hopefully.

This version should be fully audible and clear in all aspects, but please keep bringing

any faults, major or minor things to consider, etc, to my attention. I really need all

the help I can get with mixing and mastering.

------------------

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely a step in the right direction as there is a good deal more clarity, so I can hear more of the underlying issues, but it is still being pushed too hard in some areas. The rhythm guitars are still being pushed too hard, and it's sounding like they have no headroom at all. They are also a bit loud, so bringing them down a few DB may fix the issues there completely.

The drums also feel like they are being overpowered a bit, which in turn is reducing the overall brutality of the track. I know it sounds counter-intuitive to bring down the volume to make something sound heavier, but that is how it works in this case. The brief lead interlude around the midpoint of the track is also getting rolled over by the rhythm guitars. The lead levels at the end are more in line of where it needs to be.

Tonewise, everything is excellent, the performances were as good as the first time, but now with the added bonus of being more audible. You definitely have some serious rhythm chops, those riffs are *on*.

The arrangement was definitely liberal, but covered the source enough that I feel comfortable with it, and the flow is great. The ending was slightly abrupt, but it worked.

Overall, just tweak the sound engineering slightly to reduce the compression a bit further, and i'm sold. :-)

No, please resubmit

• 1 month later...