*NO* Metroid 'Bounty Hunter from Outer Space'

OceansAndrew

* Your ReMixer name : CyprusX

* Your real name : Kyriacos Omerou

* Your email address : kakosmail@hotmail.com

* Name of game(s) arranged : Metroid Franchise

* Name of individual song(s) arranged : Title screen medley

* Additional information about game : Well , not much to say. It’s Metroid.

* Link to the original soundtrack : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6nYJSDPoqg

* Your own comments about the mix : This is one of my personal favorites. My main inspiration was the powerful eerie , moving recognizable melody found in every Metroid game. Short , but powerful.

Some cool things going on here, I like some of the chord progression changes you've made. Overall the song has a gritty feel, and there is some personalizations on the melody that are nice. The arrangement itself, while not repetitious, feels very similar in the second half to the first half. For example, using the same quote, in the same way at that, makes the track feel like it's repeating. It would be nice to have something that really sets it apart from the first part.

The drum sequencing is done nicely at times, and at others feels a little too auto-pilot. There can definitely be more variation at times. I'd also look at the background synth; it's got a slow attack that isn't bad, but could be tighter. The rhythm guitars also feel a little muddy overall.

I like where this is going, but it needs some production fix-ups, and maybe a look at the arrangement as well.

NO (resubmit)

I really like the arrangement here, it takes some cool risks with the source, and when the drums come in, the super mechanical feel makes it feel like a long lost Nine Inch Nails track. Kind of cool, and makes it feel more like a hidden gem from a decade ago in OCR's history. Overall things are really strong, but the second half really does feel cut and pasted and doesn't develop any further.

Some transitions were a little weak, and a little production cleanup wouldn't hurt, but overall if the repetition was fixed up, i'd be more than happy to give this the nod, but as-is, it needs just a little more work.

No, please resubmit

• 2 weeks later...

Cool sound design, it does have that Nine Inch Nails creepy electro-rock thing going on. I agree that the drum sequencing was very one-note and needed some more substantial changes beyond an extra snare or kick every few measures. The mixing could be better as well, with the low-end so crowded. The guitars are the piece that is taking up too much room, I think. The arrangement was a little bit repetitive and some minor melody or background changes would go a long way. I could certainly see this passing with another revision, it's really nice so far.

NO (resubmit)