SF2 Balrog's Stage

shong1up

I was inspired to make this song because the original stage song for the Street Fighter character Balrog (or M. Bison in Japan) captured the glitz of Las Vegas. I therefore wanted to make a song that captured the bizarre career of the legendary boxer Mike Tyson through this song. Armed with Korg Keyboard and some research done on Tyson's biography, I was set to make my masterpiece. Like Tyson's career it begins with a lively and energetic beat with a determined young adolescent hopeful of making his impact on the boxing scene. The melody stabilizes as he captures a world title and unites the championship. Being dethroned by an underdog (Buster Douglas) the melody slows down and short hiatus. However the beat picks up for one last world stage (Lennox Lewis) amazing performance (Clifford Etienne) before finally retiring.

On a more serious note, this is very good.

If I had one big complaint though, is that this is just waayyyyyy too long. There's really not much variation at all and it honestly gets very boring come 4 minutes. Then I realize I still have nearly 6 minutes to go.

In my opinion if you shorten this up and throw in more variation and original parts it will be awesome. Just changing what tone is playing the melody won't fool anyone.

Hey I only know how to work a keyboard. But can you help me on telling me what I need to mix up? I clicked on your youtube channel and I noticed you make your own songs! If you could fill me in on what kind of variation I need I'd gladly try to modify this through fruity loops studio!

I agree with the length being too long and no variation. Plus re-master it; the overall sound is currently messed up a bit.

Definitely reduce it to 4-5 minute mark. Even the most awesome-est song can get boring after 5 minutes. Try to cut off the rhythm, or any other part of the song to break the repetition. You can also give some of the background stuff to take the lead at some point.

What are you using in FL Studio for master? SoundGoodizer? please don't! Either use Maximus that comes with it or Izotope Ozone (my favorite)

It's good! would love to hear a more polished (and shorter :) ) version.

I agree with the length being too long and no variation. Plus re-master it; the overall sound is currently messed up a bit.

Definitely reduce it to 4-5 minute mark. Even the most awesome-est song can get boring after 5 minutes. Try to cut off the rhythm, or any other part of the song to break the repetition. You can also give some of the background stuff to take the lead at some point.

What are you using in FL Studio for master? SoundGoodizer? please don't! Either use Maximus that comes with it or Izotope Ozone (my favorite)

It's good! would love to hear a more polished (and shorter :) ) version.

You pretty much summed this up lol