two megaman remixes / covers of mine (elec man, dr wily)

data

yo, this is hot bro, i did a remix for dr.wily too, check out my post

Oh come on, that's just shameful, at least give him a decent critique before hijacking his thread...

Anyway, back to you data. I like these remixes, they're fun to listen to for the most part. For now i'll just focus on your Dr Wily Mix.

My main criticism is that it just sounded a bit dated (although I understand that may very well be the sound you were going for so ignore it in that case) not that retro is bad, but it would be great to hear this with some bigger, newer and more exciting synth sounds.

Also I feel the drums get slightly forgotten about in this mix, they tend to get a bit repetitive, also i'd like to hear the kick drum have a bit more prominance, that may just be me though.

But yeah, I definately did really enjoy this retro sound, so it's a well done from me.

Oh come on, that's just shameful, at least give him a decent critique before hijacking his thread...

Anyway, back to you data. I like these remixes, they're fun to listen to for the most part. For now i'll just focus on your Dr Wily Mix.

My main criticism is that it just sounded a bit dated (although I understand that may very well be the sound you were going for so ignore it in that case) not that retro is bad, but it would be great to hear this with some bigger, newer and more exciting synth sounds.

Also I feel the drums get slightly forgotten about in this mix, they tend to get a bit repetitive, also i'd like to hear the kick drum have a bit more prominance, that may just be me though.

But yeah, I definately did really enjoy this retro sound, so it's a well done from me.

thanks for the feedback! and you're right, it does sound dated, check out my other thread in the originals forum and you'll understand why. : )

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34018