Secret of Monkey Island 3 - Main Theme

redtails

Here I have a really short Caribbean-like arrange of the Main theme from the Secret of Monkey Island 3, one of my personal favourite old games. The below version is in an early stage as typing out marimba sheets takes incredibly long with all the chord bouncing. In any case, I hope to hear some inspiring feedback!

Original song:

My arrange: Sorry, no longer have this on my soundcloud account. I will finish this song in the future and rerelease it.

General tips and advice are also always welcome!

Monkey Island! Yay! I mean, arr!

You've got a lot of percussion elements sticking out a little too much, use panning, eq and reverb to push some stuff further back. Same with an instrument layered with the guitar (or part of the guitar's attack) - gets more upfront than the leads.

Also, too conservative for ocr. And too early to say much else.

• 3 weeks later...
You've got a lot of percussion elements sticking out a little too much, use panning, eq and reverb to push some stuff further back. Same with an instrument layered with the guitar (or part of the guitar's attack) - gets more upfront than the leads.

Thanks for the kind commentary~. I will certainly use your advice to improve upon this song and look into how instruments can be pushed backwards by using more reverb on them. The guitar sound you mean is a double bass played in pizzicato. I guess it's a bit too loud, I thought a pizzicato strings instrument would be great as a background instrument for once

Thanks again