A couple of original songs by Arcana

Arcana

Hey all, I'm finally starting to release some songs out to the public. I've done a lot of One Hour Compos recently, but It's good for me to get into the habit of finishing works even if they can't necessarily be perfect. I hope you enjoy them.

"A Little Tea Party". A Happy trance song.

"Gold Dust". I don't know how to characterize this by genre, if you have any suggestions let me know.

Gold Dust - So much sounds out of place and cheesy in this song, I don't really know where to begin, although I did like the little flute that comes in around 1:30, I just wish I could hear more of it and less of everything else. The groove you got going on at 1:50 is pretty cool too. There just seem to be too much randomness, too many balance/mixing issues for me to really enjoy this one.

Littlest Tea Party - I rather enjoyed this fun little song. I thought the synths could have used a bit of reverb/delay, and I would have like to hear a middle build up section, or maybe some vocals, but other than that, great job.

in both of these songs you seem to have many "wrong" sounding notes. Not that they're out of the scale but they don't seem to be in the chord you are playing and they just seem a little random. I don't know if you agree but that's what strikes me most when listening to this that many of the melody's or accompanying figures feel a little random in note selection.