*NO* Donkey Kong Country 2 'Metal Cover'

DragonAvenger

This was submitted at the same time as the Song of Storms metal cover (which wasn't really a cover, and neither is this). Pretty much both songs have the same issues. Overall it's short, which isn't really allowing enough time to expand on the theme. Along with that, the drums are a little basic, and the rhythm guitars could have a little more oomph to them.

Hope to hear more from you,

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

This is pretty good, and I'm not as bothered by the drums as Deia is (though they definitely could use some spice), but the length is pretty short, and there isn't a ton of expansion. I do enjoy the added harmonies and instrumentation, so just expand further on that while still retaining the source, and it should be good. I do think the pizzicato strings at the beginning are a little weak and maybe should be a horn or something more legato sounding.

This is a super solid base, but I want to hear more!

No, please resubmit

I didn't have a problem with the drum sequencing but I think they could have used just a bit more punch; otherwise that I thought the production here was pretty solid. I don't mind bite-size mixes like this, but it was a pretty straightforward and conservative arrangement. the added arpeggios and harmonies were nice though. Needs a bit more expansion to make it passable.

NO(resub)