gg

in trying to deal with a couple of small problems i've been having in fl 9, i've created a huge one.

for some reason, the pan value on my send 2 keeps going 100% right every time i hit play in spite of me centering it, so i investigated any and all automation data and deleted everything but my sustain pedal automations to no avail. i went the eyesore route and created automation data just for my send 2 pan, and upon saving, exiting, and reloading the file, i found that trying to delete the panning envelope from my step sequencer not only gave me this irritating error, "Access violation at address 02A7E089 in module 'FLEngine.dll' Read of address 80000202," but the pan value didn't (and still doesn't) reflect my automation data on playback anymore (the knob still sits at 100% right). this error also prevents me from exiting out of fl and i have to force exit. which is annoying because then i have a million instances of the ilbridge64 process.

another weird thing that kept happening to me before the error was that if i deleted the automation lane in the playlist during playblack, the compression on my piano would drop from +8 db to +3.5. i hate how easy it is to fuck up your projects by forgetting to deactivate record before making production edits during playback, and it wouldn't even matter if what fl perceived to be automation edits generated automation lanes in the playlist so they could be easily undone. baaaah

there's also an annoying glitch caused by toggling between pattern and song while playing back with record activated that completely wrecks your patterns. like causes irreversible damage and if you save you're shit outta luck, but that's neither here or there

so what i want to know is this: what might be causing my pan value to constantly go 100% right on every playback, and my compressor to go from +8 db to +3.5?