ff8 Symphonic Medley

bluelighter

Hi!

This is a symphonic version from some major theme from ff8 with a little metal consonance: “premonition”, “rival”, “never look back”, and “game over”. I know it’s in halfway between a remake and a remix, but I think these music deserve an orchestral version. :smile:

Globally, I’ve worked to get a rhythm more marked and some effect with brass and woodwinds.

I hope you’ll enjoy!!

Mix:

Originals:

Premonition:

Rival:

Never Look Back:

Game Over:

One thing I love about FF8 mixes is I never have to listen to sources cuz I know em all :]

Well I like the idea you have, the themes and motifs from FF8 are all fairly similar and can interweave nicely together. Your transition between the themes was also pretty darn good.

One major problem for me in this mix is the guitar. It just sounds fake, bad and out of place. Guitars mix with orchestral stuff pretty well but you've gotta change that guitar sample, because it's really distracting.

The other big problem is the arrangement itself. It's way too conservative to be a remix. If it's a remake your going for than cool, but if you want it to be a remix than you got to add a lot more personal flavor to it. :) Jazz some parts up, do some soloing on some chords, etc.

I think this could be a cool idea so keep working on it. :D

Yeah, for me it was foremost a remake for the premonition theme. I’ve after developed by an orchestra version from the others themes.

I’m aware there is a problem with the guitar. I’ve to work with an arrangement more natural at some part (jump in higher octave...). And I think it would some better with a real guitar :smile:. I didn’t saw the guitar sound so bad. I believed it was interesting to hear this instrument at some parts. Maybe I’ve to work to a globally better balance between instruments (notably for timbales).

Thanks for your advice! I’ll work to correct that.