I was listening to the Prodigy alot when during the creation of this

song. The song takes the collage approach to composing several

different layers and sounds and then exporting them to wav files. I

had to approach the source material in some creative way in order to

keep the repetitive fresh throughout the song. My personal favorite

parts are the SGX style bassline, Stevo's guitars, and the string

breakdown which is similar to the main theme with some notes moved

around different octaves. I destructively edited and mangled lots of

audio material and Stevo's guitar wankery to come up with this remix.

It was a fun approach to making a song rather than traditionally

sequencing or recording everything. The synths are a combination of

Reason and Korg Legacy. Thanks for listening!

Cheers,

~Shaun

I could hear the source inflected in the melody entering at :33 and 2:00, but it was pretty loose. when the actual source riff is playing, its way far in the background. something about the string sample or articulation at 1:19 was bugging me, though I can't really place my finger on why, so my apologies for being completely unhelpful in that regard. it's probably just me. :lol: otherwise the production and performances were solid, but ultimately this needs to be more overt with the source in order to pass.

NO(resub)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna disagree one the source use overall, as the little segment of the lead is present a lot, and though there is a decent source hole in the center, but there are enough snippets of source strewn about that I can give it the nod as far as source goes. The arrangement itself doesn't seem to lead anywhere once it's fully moving, but it breaks down and then builds up again, which is pretty nice.

The synths and soundscape overall feel nice and expansive to me, and there are some really nice details in the percussion and subtle gated synths.

The string attacks sound pretty bleh and static, and some of the soundscape stuff is a bit off; a few of the guitar takes have timing issues, where it doesn't sound quite on the beat.

The source is pretty much there in one form or another, and is pretty recognizable, even to me, who isn't a fan of the original. I think the timing could be tighter and there could be a stronger overall direction though, and Maybe a second source that has a stronger hook. I like the foundation here, but I think it needs a little bit more work to get there. :-)

No, please resubmit