*NO* Final Fantasy 6 'The Sound of a Thousand Voices Screaming in Unison'

DragonAvenger

hai im kid cabuge i have a sumishin

Contact Information

Your ReMixer name: Kidd Cabbage

Your real name: Jonathan Peros

Your email address: jdperos@hotmail.com

Your website: None

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile: 21995

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Final Fantasy VI

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Kefka

Remix title: "The Sound of a Thousand Voices Screaming in Unison"

For the remix project: Badass Vol. 1

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

"Kefka was born at a very young age. He was unable to walk due to a severe case of his meningitis, so he was unable to compete in the National Rowboat Olympics. He chilled with Babe Ruth and said that the Great Bambino was the King of Kraut. He was like my legs are killing me and walked to the medicine to take some aspirin. His mom called and he was like no way so the call went to his answering machine and his mom was like stop ignoring me and he would've said that she wasn't the boss of him but he didn't answer the phone so he just said it to himself and left the house because he was angry at the phone. And he didn't even leave a note. If you saw 127 Hours and thought this sounds familiar that's because it didn't happen and the movie copied what I said. Kefka cut off his arm with a pocketknife. I never said that Final Fantasy made any sense it was made by the same company that made Legend of Dragon and Super Yoshi's World so what did you expect that the plotline would make any sense? Kefka invented Pantera."

-----------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hvy1MfVWKo

I have a few balance issues here, gonna get picky with timestamps:

-at :51 when the rhythms guitars change to the triplets the lead gets really buried.

-1:09 is sweet.

-1:24, buried again.

-1:42 it gets so cluttered I actually can't make out anything except the lead. 1:59-3:02 is pretty good.

-3:03 to 3:19, a little cluttered again but the breakdown at 3:20 was very welcome. cool weird glitches and reversing effects.

the rest of the song after it picked back up until 5:04 I still thought was a bit cluttered, but it was really brutal and epic and the leads weren't buried.

arrangement-wise this seems pretty liberal. there's some connection in the opening rhythm guitar patterns, but it's a little tenuous imo. not counting those sections, I was hearing source melodies from :38-3:19. also a nod to it in the first three notes of the solo at 4:29, but besides that, I hear no source after 3:19. by my count, this has approx. 161 seconds of source out of 324, or just slightly under 50%, but I would be more comfortable with it if you could revisit the theme again before the end of the track.

borderline on arrangement, but I think the balancing issues are problematic regardless.

NO(resub)

Tacking on a little more source usage from Halc's breakdown, there is definitely source from :51-1:25 as well as what he mentioned. Not hearing the 4:29 section aside from 3 notes. I have to say, going from 3:19 to the end of the song with only one tiny hint of the source isn't working for me. Everything before that is some good arrangement, very typical of your style and it works well. Just can't have close to two minutes without source.

Production-wise, Halc is right that some of those leads are way buried, and there are sections that are pretty cluttered. To be fair, you've got a heck of a lot going on, but it would be nice to keep things cleaner if possible.

Gonna have to say NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

Great arrangement, but a lot of the sections (specifically the intro) were rock sickness, but no source. I agree that the leads are a bit buried, and overall a lot of the rhythm tone sounds a little overscooped, while other parts are good. Playing is ridiculously tight and clean, and the parts that have source have incredibly excellent new rhythm parts and chord changes.

I think EQing the lead a little bit to get some of the 2-3k pierce downplayed a bit would let you bring the volume up and get a stronger balance.

Definitely love the track and really really hope you can rebalance a few things and resub it. :-)

No, please resubmit