Email address: vikindrums@gmail.com

Userid: 44763

Submission Info-

Game: Super Castlevania IV

Songs and breakdown:

0:00-2:13 - Room of Close Associates

2:13-2:41 - Treasury Room

2:41-3:06 - Forest of Monsters

3:06-End - Treasury Room, with a quick Bloody Tears quote over some chordal stuff from the Treasury Room theme (which happens at 1:43 in the TR chip) for some zest

Comments:

First of all, this thing was put together in Finale, which is my only and least favorite program for composition (no worries though, I'm working on getting set up with some better equips). As for the actual remix, I can't stand transposing themes for compositional purposes, and I did quite a bit of work with the transitions to make the sources work together in their original keys. Sorry that the volume's a bit low, couldn't bring it up anymore without clipping (again, better equipment on the way), but this was one that was made to be cranked anyway. In a dark room. While summoning Dracula.

The intro sounded really off as far as timing goes, I don't know exactly happening, but it sounds way loose, and things aren't clicking.

The arrangement seems good, but things aren't lining up in some areas, and there is a good deal of production mud as well. Some samples are ok, while some sound too slow or thin.

The main issue that needs to be fixed here is the lack of sections lining up, making it sound like certain parts are way behind the beat.

No

It definitely feels like stuff isn't landing on the downbeat like it should be, which is a major detractor in this. I'd relook at the arrangement to make sure that your beat and melody are lining up in terms of measures, and go from there.

Production is also an issue, namely sound quality, which is a bit of the nature of finale instruments. An upgrade would certainly help this, as well as some cleaning on the production overall.

NO

gotta agree with the others; the slightly-off timing here is strange, and a little distracting. finale samples aren't quite cutting it, so hopefully you can re-tool this once you have some better gear. the sequencing is pretty mechanical too, especially those fast organ riffs and such.

NO(resub)