*NO* Top Gear 'Savage Gear'

OceansAndrew

Seemed pretty vanilla until the CRAZY GLITCHES, and that definitely got my attention. :-)

Though the melody is nicely interpreted, it feels like the beats are way too static to be interesting, and the endlessly cycling arpeggio ends up being a distraction.

I think this has a decent start, especially with the main melody parts, but the beats are on autopilot, and the backing parts could use some love as well. I also think the volume could be balanced a bit better between parts, with the backing synths being brought down a few DB.

No, please resubmit

I think the actual arrangement itself is pretty good, but I can't say I'm a fan of all the sounds. The glitching was pretty fun, and used in a neat way. The arpeggios in the background start to wear after a while, consider dropping them out a little more often.

The balance doesn't quite feel right, with some of the backing elements being too loud, bring those down a bit please.

Overall I think it needs a little more finesse, but you've got a solid mix in the works.

NO (resubmit)

i like the beat, but it's definitely on autopilot, and a little too heavily reverbed imo. I agree that the synths are a little vanilla (I like your glitched out trance lead though, and the subtle bass wubs were neat) and the balance is pretty off too. the focus needs to be shifted more towards the melody, and the backing instrumentation and arps toned back a bit. the arrangement was pretty good, though the ending was a bit of a cop-out, and I agree it's a little heavy on that main arp.

add some more variation and maybe some more layers to the drums and polish up the mixing/balance and this should be sounding pretty good. :)

NO(resub)