*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 2 'A Night in Tokyo'

OceansAndrew

Contact Information

Your ReMixer name: Chernabogue

Your real nam: Alexandre Mourey

Your email addres: chernabogue@gmail.com

Your websit: www.fflproduction.fr (not a music website, but my video association website)

Your userid: 20943

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Mystic Cave Zone

Additional information: Masato Nakamura, Izuho Takeuchi / Megadrive-Genesis

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc: I made this mix to support Josh Barron's Relief for Japan project, because it is a very good cause. I decided to arrange a song I love from a game I love. I used a small orchestra configuration and added few traditional japanese instruments (kotos, taiko drums, etc.). I'm very proud of the result, and I hope you'll like it!

Link to the remix: Sonic 2 - A Night in Tokyo

I hope you're all okay!

If anything's missing, don't hesitate to tell me!

-Alex

heh, really interesting take on the source here. sample articulations were pretty tight; seems like you put a lot of work into humanizing this. granted the creative shift in genre and detailed sequencing, I gotta say, for me, its just a little empty and boring.. there's not a lot of build-up or breakdown, it kinda just sits at the same energy level the whole time. feels more like a solid wip foundation, not a full, polished mix.

as for some suggestions, I thought the percussion was pretty sparse and should have played a bigger role, maybe add another layer or two and give 'em some more drive. some lush pad or strings would help fill things out as the song progresses as well.

really love the approach here, but I hope you can expand on this a bit more!

NO(resub)

I agree with halc here, this is a really excellent idea and good execution, but the arrangement itself is too sparse and bland, with a very even level of excitement. This would actually make really good atmospheric BG music for like a Sonic RPG cave or something, but as a stand-alone song, it needs more thrills I think. I really enjoy the song, but I think it could be expanded on quite a bit to make it really shine. I hope you consider adding more to this. :-)

No, please resubmit