VGM Looping - Processes and Tactics

At present I am working on a small game which shall remain disclosed but if you look not very hard at all you will found out. And what is expected is that I hand over mp3s (ogg.s actually) which will then be looped within the game development programme from start to finish. Which means that I must produce something which starts with silence and ends with silence otherwise the loop will be extremely unclean. For very ambient tracks this is very hard to do tastefully - I have resorted to fading out the track at the end which isn't the best result.

In other pieces where the main instruments don't have a ton of reverb or delay on them looping isn't as difficult but is still quite a chore to get just right.

In professional situations, what are the processes - because it seems that the soundtracks that loop do not have to wait for the silence before looping successfully. Is there some sort of inbuilt music section for looping in the development software? Which doesn't just rely on a bounced sound file?