*NO* Paper Mario 'Crystal Clear'

OceansAndrew

This is a mix that I wanted to do for a long time. Except, I could not get started efficiently. Well, a couple days ago, an idea popped into my head. This time it was actually a decent one! So as soon as I finished my breakfast, I rushed to my computer and started mixing. It took around two days to complete, and I am pretty happy with it.

Please let me know what you think, any constructive criticism is helpful.

Songs: Crystal Palace Crawl; The Crystal King;

Game: Paper Mario;

Enjoy!

(PS: it sounds better with headphones)

• 2 weeks later...

The combination of themes is pretty good, but overall the soundsape is thin and a lot of the backing patterns in the percussion are bland and lacking power.

The arrangement starts out cool and mysterious, but even when the drums are coming in, and it should be exciting, the samples and production keep it from really going over the top.

This could benefit from some time in the workshop. I recommend enhancing the sounds and trying to make it more exciting in the intense parts. The intro worked well, and has a mysterious feeling, but from there it wasn't enough.

No

Going to agree with Andrew here; you've got a really nice base here, and combining the two themes that you did works pretty well. Right now it's missing that polish overall; the percussion isn't really pulling weight

like it should, I'd love it to have some more presence overall. The overall synths are ok, and an upgrade certainly wouldn't hurt.

Hope to hear this one again:

NO (resubmit)

the arrangement has some good moments, but the sounds need fixing. the strings/choir sounds really dry and doesn't have any body, try EQ'ing out the unused frequencies and perhaps adding some stereo seperation to make it sound fuller. drums were too sparse and not doing much to drive the track. the synths are a little vanilla but overall they were clicking. there were a few sounds I was really digging, especially the panned arpeggios near the end.

NO(resub)