OceansAndrew

Contact Information

Your ReMixer name: Ferdk

Your real name: Fernando Carabajal

Your email address: ferdkmusic@gmail.com

Your website: http://www.youtube.com/ferdk16

Submission Information

Chrono Trigger (SNES)

Frog's Quest for Redemption (Arrangement name)

Frog's Theme (Original Name)

Additional info:

I made this arrangement as part of a series of videogame arrangements I do on my YouTube channel, in Rock/Metal style. I wanted to add my style to it but at the same time get the feeling of the original piece present in this arrangement, thus I opted to include the Piccolo flute melody as a solo and then a duo with my electric guitar leads for the final run.

I think the music by itself narrates a story, a young hero trying to do the greater good, has to inevitably stop and rethink how to overcome his enemies, he finds strength during this time and gains companions who aid him in his quest to deal with his unfinished job. These are the main 3 parts in my arrangement: the hero not being able to succeed, a calm period to regain strength and the final battle to redeem himself. I hope somebody can feel this as well.

Overall a pretty nice take, with a good sense of mood, and some cool additional countermelody in the lead up section, but beyond bringing this to a metal sound, it is far too similar to the original and doesn't expand enough on the theme. The production was overall pretty good, but the arrangement needs to have more overall for this to be considered at OCR. I hope you decide to add some more and resend it. :-)

No, please resubmit

• 3 weeks later...