*NO* Akumajo Dracula X: Rondo of Blood 'The Shadow's Serenade'

OceansAndrew

ReMixer Name: AngelCityOutlaw

Game Arranged: Castlevania Dracula X (PC Engine Version)

Song arranged: Cross A Fear

Arrangement Title: The Shadow's Serenade

User ID: 45057

So yeah. I've always thought that the PC Engine version of Dracula X was like the best Castlevania ever. Cross A Fear was my favorite tune from the game (probably). So I thought I'd pick up my guitar, fire up the computer and come up with some lame remix. Anyway, thanks for your time.

I look forward to your rejection letter.

• 2 weeks later...

Overall this is cool, and feels pretty established, but has a few spots where the details feel a little loose. Overall, though, it's pretty cool, wish a pretty solid soundscape, though some weird stuff, like the arp pad dropping out before the end of the phrase, and the main offender; the ending, which suddenly brings back the guitar and feels very abrupt and tacked on.

Besides those few detail issues, I enjoyed this, though the arrangement is very similar to the source. There are a few sections where the melody is dropped out for a chord breakdown, but it doesn't seem to go for an entire cycle, and the melody jumps back in.

A little polish and some expansion and this'd be cool.

No, please resubmit

Whoa! That sudden crescendo is...sudden. And unnatural, sorry to say.

Asside from that, I'm feeling like overall this isn't too far off from the original. There are certainly some differences, mainly the soundscape, but a lot elements remain the same, like the melody, arpeggiated synths, etc. I think this remains too conservative, and would like to see you branch out in your interpretation more.

NO (resubmit