Portfolio Continued

Starting to work on some new tracks. Trying out some very new styles for myself with amazing luck as it seems. The first one is one I started for the JH compo today but then decided to scrap most of the lead melody and expanded my idea (after listening to much metroid music)

http://tindeck.com/listen/cnoj

This could go in a variety of different places. Part of me isn't sure how game compatible it is, maybe a change in instrumentation but, ya know, who knows.

Next is a title screen idea I had. I listened to a lot of daft punk and portal 2 music for inspiration and it kind of shows.

there are a few things I haven't fixed yet but they are kind of obvious.

Overall it's very evident I've been poking my brain around using distortion in cool ways. The first song "hyper1" has almost every instrument distorted in one way or another. (even the choir is distorted to make it thin and static-y)

I would love some great critique because I really am trying to make a solid portfolio to try and get jobs. Thank you very much :)

Starting to work on some new tracks. Trying out some very new styles for myself with amazing luck as it seems. The first one is one I started for the JH compo today but then decided to scrap most of the lead melody and expanded my idea (after listening to much metroid music)

http://tindeck.com/listen/mbto

this beat is sick i want 2 take a ride on your disco stick

Listened to that song on the compo last night. Glad to see you're gonna work on it more, that bass was pretty sick. Nice to see that you rebalanced the lead, fits much nicer into the mix now. Also the new melody along with the bass and chords are certainly giving me Metroid vibes. Having those chords panned pretty hard to the left is interesting. I hear you've got some things panned to the right to counterbalance this but it seems a bit unbalanced having those full chords panned mostly to the left, but it might just be me.

Intro theme is great. The lead is pretty sweet, I like the chipness. If anything, the lead is just a TAD too loud compared to everything else. That background stuff sounds really nice. Nice full chords, cool arps going on, great stuff.

Yeah, i dig all of this. This probably isn't a very helpful comment but my only problems would be the quality of the samples. They seem to be used well and I like these musical ideas - like the chromatic falls at the end of the phrase in the title screen one (reminds me of the title screen of Ocarina of Time (not the style or instrumentation, just those falls)). I don't know how the crazy ending would fit in with a title screen or any part of a game really but, for our purposes, sure it's cool!

Haha, i've not been very helpful really. Yeah, expand upon then, make 'em sound great.

Could have been a bit more helpful but my brain's not in check right now.

Keep it up!