*NO* Metroid Prime 'A Cold Served Selection'

DragonAvenger

• 2 weeks later...

Cool style here, it reminds me of something Darkesword would do, which is pretty nice. The energy level stays pretty consistent, which makes the track feel a little flat as far as excitement goes, but it's got a cool groove, and the soundscape is solid enough. Some of the samples are a little too lo-fi, but none really take the forefront, so I can see it as a style choice.

There is a decent amount of addition and expansion to the track, but overall it feels pretty similar to the original. I think there is a good foundation here, but I would like to hear a stronger dynamic curve, and more expression. It is definitely moving in the right direction, however. :-)

No, please resubmit

• 3 weeks later...

really like the drumwork in this one! cool rhythms and modulations. love the time signature changes too; while the structure and instrumentation might be similar to the original, I think there's enough personalization to stand on it's own. however, I have to agree with OA that the energy level is pretty static. the song should evolve more.. maybe try adding an ambient breakdown or build up to a bigger climax at the end, just a few thoughts. the trance-y lead felt a little pasted on imo, but otherwise I was digging the overall soundscape. there are some great elements at play, but it's not quite as engaging as it could be.

NO(resub)

• 2 weeks later...

Loving that snare immediately. Not so crazy about the bass. Sounds a little bit farty (that's a technical audio engineering term). If it were me, I'd probably throw a low pass filter on it and get rid of some of the low mids starting somewhere around 250Hz.

Aside from that, I agree with the guys that the dynamics are pretty static, and I'd say the track never really gets moving, it has a plodding sort of feel. I think one way to help this might be to make the vocal pads a little more interesting both harmonically and rhythmically.

NO