*NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Hyrule Fields'

OceansAndrew

• 2 weeks later...

This one is sortof a tough track to figure out. On one hand, there are some nice performances, and some well-selected source songs, and some inspired ideas, but on the other, they are barely connected. The transitions between most of the themes straight up don't exist, and one theme just stops, and then another starts. It gets a little better as the song progresses, but the few themes at the beginning sound like they need a lot of integration.

If the first half was as tight as the second, this would be a lot easier to consider, but as-is, it needs some work. I definitely enjoy it, however. :-)

No, please resubmit

gotta agree with OA, the transitions are too sudden and medleyish, and it's not gelling as a fully cohesive track, although once things kick in, it gets better. the themes were also arranged pretty conservatively, though with some nice flourishes and personality.

production-wise things were gelling, though the backing got a little crowded at times. I don't think this is too far off, but the transitions during the acoustic sections really need to be more fluid, and I could go for a little more re-arrangement of the themes.

NO(resub)

• 5 weeks later...

Going to agree with the gentlemen above. The transitions are overall just not cutting it, which is a shame, as this has some great moments to it. I'm going to disagree with Halc and say that while the track has some coverish moments, the style and backing add a lot of differences.

I'd love to see this get posted with some work on those transitions.

NO (please resubmit)