Yume Nikki - Under the 8-Bit House

ad.mixx

Haha, so I finally finished a song.

I was messing around with electronic music for the past 2 weeks or so, and eventually I came up with something I really liked, and so for the past 4 hours or so I decided to go ahead and finish it.

This was really fun to make, and I'm glad I did it.

It's by no means completely finished (I know it's got a lot of work :P), I still want to touch up on it some, and fix the ending which doesn't really transition well. And EQ a lot of things. And also I got a suggestion to up the kick. I'm still not sure how to go about that.. but I'll figure out! And the arrangement is only mostly done, but I won't make too drastic of a change unless I have too (mostly the ending, though)

My only fear is that maybe too much is going on during some parts of the song.. that's mostly why I'm posting it here before I do all of the above things..

But, hopefully you like it for what it is right now!

Uhh, the source. I can't actually find a video on youtube atm (unless I went through a playthrough of the game), so I'm actually uploading the source. To be honest, I'm having a hard time finding it anywhere ATM. But it came with an OST download so it should be around somewhere.

Also, the source is kind of.. sparce I guess. Not much too it, too be honest not even sure if this is considered a remix. But it's worth a shot posting it here!

Source: http://tindeck.com/listen/jrsc

Remix: http://tindeck.com/listen/ymvd

To up the kick you should EQ every other intrument thats playing as the kick is coming in so there not interfering with its important frequencies which tend to be around 50-100 hz or so. Don't remove too many frequencies from them, just the specific point where the kick is thumping the most. Also use compression and maybe double up the kick with another one.

As long as you EQ things properly it won't matter that there seems like theres too much going on sometimes and I wouldn't say theres any point in this song where theres too much going on anyway. Thats just my opinion but you'll see once you start trying to EQ things.