*NO* Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 'Concentration Castle'

DragonAvenger

Remixer Name: bXmMusic

E-Mail: bXmMusic@live.com

User ID: 46081

Game: "The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past"

Arrangement: "Concentration Castle"

Original Song: "Hyrule Castle"

Comments: "I've originally had this song as a midi tuned in D, but years passed and I decided to get out my guitar, tune down to G#, and just go. This is a metal remix of the Hyrule Castle theme. Enjoy!

----------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBhrltLp2dk

haha, nice use of the Link panting sound. :D

onto the mix; firstly, it's not much more than a metal cover at the moment. you need to interpret the source a little more or add some original material to make it your own. production-wise, things are pretty messy. the playing sounds tight, but the soundscape is really cluttered and unbalanced, and the leads are barely audible. try toning down the low end a bit, maybe pulling back the rhythms and EQ'ing out any unneeded frequencies to help clear things up.

NO

There were some cool touches here and there that personalized the track, such as the cut to a filtered riff, and the intro, but there were a lot of production issues, mainly the fact that everything is going full-bore, and as such is sounding incredibly crowded. I think the guitar tones themselves are fine, but they need to have some selective EQ done to give the leads and rhythm their own space.

As for arrangement, you have the right idea of personalizing, but you need to take it a step further, and have less repetition, and a little bit more excitement with new additions. A solo would have been great too. :-)

A decent start, but needs more work.

No

• 5 weeks later...