Vagrant Story - Truly Piece

Bheid

img.php?fid=1289

Evening gentlemen :grin: long time lurker, first time poster. This is pretty old and as I was first creating it I intended it to be original, but as I refined it I decided to make it closer to the lovely "truly" track from Vagrant Story, one of my favourite games.

I thought about submitting it a few times over the past year or so, but never got around to it. I'm not sure if it's close enough to Truly or not.

Any reviews would be great :)

This is GREAT! :-D Hell, it's about time you posted something! I really have little to say, except maybe that weird (but cool) snare hard panned to the left was a bit annoying after a bit, so maybe use something else sound similar to the right with alternating rhythms to balance it, or maybe pan it a bit less, or whatever awesome solution you might find (or just leave it as is if that's how you like it :) ) It just seemed unbalanced to me.

That's very nitpicky of me, but it's really all I have to say. Very enjoyable listen! I can't wait to hear more from you! :)

You're definitely on to something with this. I like the ambient feeling that the piece starts out with. The wind sound effects make me picture a hero looking out onto a huge field. I have to agree that the snare on the left side is a little annoying at time. I would recommend panning it a little more evenly.

This piece maintains a good atmosphere throughout the song. At times, the melody

is a little hard to hear. I would recommend bringing up the volume up just a bit.

You're definitely making something nice here, keep up the good work!