Your real name: Alexandre Mourey

Your email address: chernabogue@gmail.com

Your website: http://www.fflproduction.fr

Your userid: 20943

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Dynamite Headdy

Name of arrangement: Keymaster Disaster

Name of individual song(s) arranged: "That's the Way the Boss is Killed"

Additional information about game including composer, system, etc.: Nazo Suzuki, Koji Yamada, Aki Hata, Norio Hanzawa // Genesis

Link to the original soundtrack: YouTube

Your own comments about the mix: This mix was done for Dj Mokram's project, that should be finished when you'll read this mail. As he joined my own project, I decided to give him some help with Dynamite Headdy and claimed one of the few last tracks. I decided to make some ethnic/orchestra stuff with a lot of percussions (6 different percussion tracks were done), with the concept of "bosses around the world". I did it in 2 or 3 days and it was accepted after a small revision in the project. Thanks to my good friend Dj Mokram for his time and feedback, and for accepting me aboard! :) The remix's title is also an idea of M. Mokram!

I hope everything's okay! Have a great day! :)

-Alex

• 1 month later...

This is a retty interesting and creative take on the source here, I like it. I can't say that the source is particularly memorable, but the treatment of it in the remix is pretty exciting.

Production is decent, though there are a few minor balance changes i'd make, as some elements drift in and out of being too strong. Though some of the sequencing is mechanical, like the flute and the brass, things sounded overall good, thanks to the prominence of percussion and mallet instruments. I do think it could be cleaned up a bit as far as smoothing the wind instruments, and even more dynamics in the pizzicato strings.

I really like where this is going, but I think it needs a little bit more polish and nuance.

No, please resubmit

I am somewhat torn on this one. I think this is the best I've heard from you in terms of arranging, and overall I think you've done a nice job. I agree that overall this has a bit of a mechanical feel that's making things just not sit quite right, and the balance between instruments is also slightly off. I'd like to see that stuff adjusted before this hits the front page, but there's a lot of promise here. Can't say I'm exactly feeling the ending either, but that might be more personal taste.

NO (please resubmit)

Very creative mix. It helps the source itself is so weird, you just expounded on that and came up with a song that sounds like the score of a movie. I have to agree that the balance was a little askew, and the song could have been smoother. The intro sounded kind of stiff and not that powerful. When the drums finally broke in, they hit the sub bass regions without filling in the more thumpy parts of the bass regions. They had power but no thwack. As a result, the song never felt very sprightly like the instruments suggest it should. Good candidate for resubmit, I hope we get another version.

NO (resubmit)