*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'HydroPINGAS'

DragonAvenger

Hi.

Enclosed and attached is my third submission, a remix of the hydro city zone act II fron STH 3. As before, if i have missed anything in the application, let me know and i will amend.

Thank you for your time and consideration

Contact Information

Your ReMixer name: Xij

Your real name: Jack Xij Oughton

Your email address: jackoughton@googlemail.com

Your website: www.koukouvaya.co.uk

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile: n/a

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Sonic The Hedgehog 3

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Hydro City Zone Act II

Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. (if it has not yet been added to the site)

Link to the original soundtrack (if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site)

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.: I liked the lead hook from this track, and after playing the riff on my guitar for years, decided to finally arrange the song around it. Also, it seemed like a good idea at the time to sample Dr. Robotnik.

--------------------------

some of the lead timing was weird, but the ideas presented were cool. the soundscape wasn't gelling for me very well though. the drums, bass and keys all sounded tight, but the leads and such felt really out of place to me. not sure how else to put it. :(

besides the melodic noodling, the arrangement was pretty conservative, and the ending was weak, but there were some cool ideas here. you just need to get a more cohesive blend of sounds working.

NO(resub)

Ah man, this is so cool. I love the groove. The electric piano is great. The leads are a bit harsh.

The arrangement is a bit on the conservative side, but I don't think it's a dealbreaker. What is a problem is the tons of distortion all over the place. You've got to fix that.

NO (resub)