donkey kong 2 bayou boogie trance remix

Sunn

Hi all, this song is pretty rough around the edges but it's not really anywhere near completion yet. this is a remake of a remix i have already done of this song. Mainly i'm uploading this to get some feedback on if the new one is better and what i should change and such.

here is the old one:

and the new:

and i almost forgot, the original:

edit: i just realized that for whatever reason the ambient swamp noise in the background of the first one is not in the second one..but it should be. just try to imagine another layer of ambiance there.. =/

First of all, I can't get enough of DKC remixes, so bring them on! This track really does work as a trance number, and I think you've got a pretty solid start on this one. Not sure if it's just youtube's encoding, but it does sound a little muddy overall... maybe too much reverb?

I listened to version 1 as well, and it seems too conservative for OCR, arrangement wise. You'll have to add a significant amount of original stuff in the 2nd edition, and also I'd advocate bringing in more percussion earlier than you do in the first one. 3 and a half minutes seems a little long to wait for the real drum groove to get going! Also little flourishes and fills would be welcome - sweeps, dropouts, instrument change-ups, you know the drill. Keep working at it, you're definitely on to something here. Listen to stuff by Jewbei and bLiNd if you haven't already :)