Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - Haunts of Levender

Ihsman07

This is a remix I worked on a long time ago of the theme played in Lavender Town. It's strange how the old one I made was pretty popular on Newgrounds. I recently updated the instruments and the quality and hope it sound better than here original.

Here's the link for the new one: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/436227

And the link for the old: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/188613

Listened to the newer version.

I think you would do well to either drastically modify or get rid of the first half of this, as it's far too liberal (EDIT: I meant conservative, sorry, I always get those mixed up :P) for OCR. I know it changes up with some of your own interpretation later on, but there's too much stray (wtf was I high when I wrote this? I meant straight, lol) source in this.

The production is okay, and the atmosphere gives off a feel which compliments the 'spookiness' of the composition. I think the percussion could use a boost, primarily an increase in the volume of the white noise/cymbal thing you have acting as a snare in the later half, and the lows in the bass drum you have.

I hope you keep working on this, because I really like the atmosphere here. The arrangement needs an overhaul imo, especially in the parts with more or less straight source.

One more thing...I hear something which I think is clipping in either ear at certain points throughout; it's quiet, but it's there. Or at least on my end. It wouldn't hurt to throw a limiter on the master track with no gain (and a 0.0 dB ceiling) on it in order to get rid of any possibility of clipping.

Listened to the newer version.

I think you would do well to either drastically modify or get rid of the first half of this, as it's far too liberal (EDIT: I meant conservative, sorry, I always get those mixed up :P) for OCR. I know it changes up with some of your own interpretation later on, but there's too much stray (wtf was I high when I wrote this? I meant straight, lol) source in this.

The production is okay, and the atmosphere gives off a feel which compliments the 'spookiness' of the composition. I think the percussion could use a boost, primarily an increase in the volume of the white noise/cymbal thing you have acting as a snare in the later half, and the lows in the bass drum you have.

I hope you keep working on this, because I really like the atmosphere here. The arrangement needs an overhaul imo, especially in the parts with more or less straight source.

One more thing...I hear something which I think is clipping in either ear at certain points throughout; it's quiet, but it's there. Or at least on my end. It wouldn't hurt to throw a limiter on the master track with no gain (and a 0.0 dB ceiling) on it in order to get rid of any possibility of clipping.

Thank god some finally gave me something to work with. I'd rather people give me some kind of criticism rather than not saying anything at all. I shall take your advice into consideration

Lavender Town, first of all, is a visceral piece.

Not that I'm an expert or anything, but when I listened to the opening, it didn't have as much presence as it could. You might be going for something in particular, but I imagine that you could give the piece more oomph if you open with something ambient but eerie, such as old wind chimes in the breeze. Kind of gives you a cold autumn appeal. The chimes could break into the bass theme for the song easily enough.

Also, the song is sad, which kind of begs for a lonely string instrument somewhere.

Or I'm bass ackwards. I hope your project comes to fruition in any case.