Fighting Game Hip Hop Thing

I'm tasked with creating a catchy menu type loop for a fighting game. This is my first idea. I looked to things like the Street Fighter III soundtrack for inspiration. I wanted the song to be driven by low, thundering bass and drums. With a sort of hip hop type beat. I also did some guitar and these cool bells.

Tell me what you think. Would it work for something like that?

http://soundcloud.com/angelcityoutlaw/fighting-menu

I'm tasked with creating a catchy menu type loop for a fighting game. This is my first idea. I looked to things like the Street Fighter III soundtrack for inspiration. I wanted the song to be driven by low, thundering bass and drums. With a sort of hip hop type beat. I also did some guitar and these cool bells.

Tell me what you think. Would it work for something like that?

theres no link

What the hell?

Great track, A bit to much mids, and could use some highs on the master but great track

The sound at :08 could use a drop in vol tho(ugh).

(Dont read this part, its much shitty guitar opinion)

Great tone on the rhythem but it seems like like it needs to be layered with a mic pos with more Dark mids and lows, but thats my tiny thought.

Great track, A bit to much mids, and could use some highs on the master but great track

The sound at :08 could use a drop in vol tho(ugh).

(Dont read this part, its much shitty guitar opinion)

Great tone on the rhythem but it seems like like it needs to be layered with a mic pos with more Dark mids and lows, but thats my tiny thought.

Thanks for the feedback man! I'll definitely see what I can do. So far, the devs like it but want me to change up the chorus melody and some other stuff with guitar. So we'll see how the final version sounds!

I actually got started on this song when I was browsing around listening to SF III music and other hip hop tunes. I came across the drum loop. It's on this royalty free "Urban Dance" CD. I've never used one of those before cuz I always thought it was cheating but it went along perfect with my bass, guitars and synths so I kept it. I've actually sort of changed stance of royalty free drum loops and stuff. They can be pretty inspiring for creating original tunes. Like holy crap, I was listening to Tekken 5 music and Ajurika used some of the stock FL studio voice clips lol