*NO* Mega Man 5 & Mega Man 10 'Scorched Ice'

DragonAvenger

Hey! I haven't attempted to submit in forever, but here I am. I participated in the Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011 and managed to get to round 3. I am submitting my round 1 entry because I liked it the best. This is the song I used to take Rozovian down.

The intro is my first attempt at dubstep (ya, I know everybody is doing it), but then it quickly transitions to drum 'n bass for the majority of the song. The dubstep bass was made from scratch in sytrus. There are a lot of sections where elements from Napalm Man and Chill Man play over the top of each other (with adjusted keys and what not of course). I also swap back and forth a lot on which song is the dominant one. By the time it gets to the second half, I dabble into more original sections (though still very much playing off the original melodies).

I was really happy to get pitted against Chill Man. He just so happened to have my favorite Mega Man 10 theme, And since my own choice of Napalm Man was my favorite Mega Man 5 theme, it was a pretty epic combination of source tunes.

Hopefully the judges like this as much as the GRMRB voters did.

Name of game(s) arranged: Mega Man 5 & Mega Man 10

Name of arrangement: Scorched Ice

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Napalm Man & Chill Man

Your ReMixer name: Main Finger

Your real name: Jesse Gregory

Your email address: mainfinger@gmail.com

Your website: http://www.MainFinger.com

Your userid (number, not name) 337

-Jesse "Main Finger" Gregory

------------------------------

Chill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l-oYeKUFP8 Napalm

• 3 weeks later...

A little rough around the edges production-wise; I think your dubstep bass needs to have a little more super low end, and it seems really dry and upfront, when it should sit in the mix just a bit more. The sax sample sounds way dry as well, and could use some reverb or delay to sweeten it up. Otherwise, I was feeling this.

The arrangement melds the themes pretty well, and I like how it expanded in the second half. I do think the production issues are problematic enough to be addressed before passing this, though. I look forward to hearing a revised submission. :-)

No, please resubmit

A little messy. The dub bass doesn't have enough bottom, and the LFO adjustments are a bit too spastic. The writing is also a bit messy any time you have more than one melodic line going at once. They seem to fight one another too often. The second half of the tune is tighter than the first, but then the dub bass comes in again, and then the competing melodies are just too much.

NO

yeah, I agree that the wobble needs more sub-bass. balance could be tighter too, a lot of your instruments seem to be fighting for the spotlight. the drums felt a little basic and autopilot-y to me but there were some nice fills; overall the arrangement sounded tight. just needs some production and mixing tweaks.

NO(resub)