*NO* Kirby's Epic Yarn 'Tropical Wheel'

DragonAvenger

I'm a huge fan of this soundtrack too, and I'm happy to see remixes of it. This is a really nice song but I think it goes a little off the rails. Apart from the A-section, which plays it totally straight, the rest is original, sometimes with the chords from the original (but often not even that). Could see people passing it for that reason, but I thought it was too liberal. I needed to see more references to the original melody, something more obvious. The song is super relaxing and well played, and I'll be holding on to this one. It's also a big step up from your last submission, production-wise. Unfortunately, I can't give it the YES.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

I don't like to, but I need to echo Vinnie here, as I think this is really well performed and arranged, but it's is a very nice cover sandwiched with original sections. I'd feel a lot better if the source was slightly more personalized when you played through, OR the original sections would have more distinct references to the source. I really think this would be a fantastic addition to the site, so I encourage you to adjust it slightly and resubmit it. :-)

No, please resubmit

• 3 weeks later...

real nice. the mixing felt a little thin/reserved, but very pleasing to listen to, overall. arrangement-wise, I gotta agree with my fellow j's. there should be more interplay between original and source, whereas this jumps back and forth from straight up source to all original writing. digging it a lot regardless, but I've gotta request a resubmit here.

NO(resub)