OCR00619 - *YES* Final Fantasy 3 'Winds of Eternity'

djpretzel

post this mix?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. post this mix?

Someone in #ocremix suggested I resubmit this. I sent this in a little over a month ago if I remember right. It was sent to the creator@overclocked.org e-mail adress. You should be able to get ahold of this remix here:

(I wasn't sure about the filename so I left it but I believe I got all the ID3 tags formatted correctly)

Some info on the remix..

Artist: Avien

Song Title: Winds of Eternity

Game: FF3j (famicom)

Original Composer: Nobuo Uematsu

Copyright: Squaresoft

Hmm, as for the request, would it be too much trouble to change my Remixer name/handle on the site from "Christopher Powell" to "Avien"? If its a problem then uhh.. just post this under the former (should you decide to post it at all).

Thanks

guys, are we seriously debating this? There really shouldn't be any question on this one. It's high quality, it's interesting, it has all the right notes, it's done something to the original. This is perfect for the site. The only thing I personally would change would be adding some bass to the bass drum so you can tell where the hits are. And that's totally subjective and personal, so I have to give it a yes with no qualms.

Also this would fit perfectly on any smooth jazz radio station. If you don't have a smooth jazz radio station where you live, you need to get one, just to listen for one day. I personally hate the stuff, and DJP knows exactly what I'm talking about because he can probably pick up 105.9, Smooth Jazz unless he lives TOO far away from DC. But anyway, yeah, this is radio-worthy, so let's put it on OC.

DC

Also this would fit perfectly on any smooth jazz radio station. If you don't have a smooth jazz radio station where you live, you need to get one, just to listen for one day. I personally hate the stuff, and DJP knows exactly what I'm talking about because he can probably pick up 105.9, Smooth Jazz unless he lives TOO far away from DC. But anyway, yeah, this is radio-worthy, so let's put it on OC.

DC

LOL . . . yeah, I get 105.9, and yeah, I hardly listent to it. There ARE some good original melodies in the genre, but to me the reason it's called "smooth" and not just "jazz" is really because the word "elevator" would have seemed insulting :) Nevertheless, has a time and place, and like all genres can excel within itself.

Locking this thread, will move to the closed forum when posted (soon).