*NO* Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2 'Sky Peak Frolics'

DragonAvenger

• 4 weeks later...

This is a super fun source! Upbeat and melodic, I definitely think it's worth remixing.

Arrangement wise, there are some good things happening; i like the modulation and the slightly altered sections. What is problematic is the drum writing; it's repetitive and uninteresting for how prominent it is, though part of that is the dry and un-humanized samples. It'd probably sound better with more nuanced samples, though I guess that could be said of the entire track. I think the samples as-is could make it, however, but the balance would have to be shifted. There is some really lovely lead violin and woodwind interplay that is completely buried under the overly loud string stabs. I think a trip to the WIP forums for some extra attention would do this some good; the idea and arrangement is overall very solid, it just has some balance issues to deal with, and the drum writing.

No, please resubmit

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to disagree with Andrew a little on a couple parts. I think the first half of the arrangement is too close to the source for us, and I'd love if you took some ideas from the second half and applied them to the first. Aside from that, I'm a little wary of some of the samples, most prominently the violin, which sounds a little too fakey for my tastes as is. As Andrew said, overall getting some work to all the samples is going to help, but I'd like some special attention payed to the violin.

NO (resubmit)

we get so many subs from PMD, it's crazy. however, the source material is pretty much always great. I'm just surprised there hasn't been a project or likewise. ;P

anyway, not much to add on the mix itself, I agree that a good portion of the beginning is a bit too conservative, and although the arrangement spreads its wings as it progresses, the sequencing and articulations are pretty stiff and the mixing sounds kinda hollow, for lack of a better term.

NO(resub)