*NO* Star Fox 'Retro-Fox Deathmatch' *RESUB*

DragonAvenger

• 4 weeks later...

I like the general idea here, but i'm not sure the bass synth really fits with the rest of the sounds used. The issues seems to me that there isn't much going in the mids oftentimes, and the bass synth is overpowering the rest of the tracks. The arrangement is also pretty good, but the cohesion isn't quite there for me. I think adding some more to the mids would be good, and bringing the percussion out a bit as well.

No, please resubmit

• 4 weeks later...

So, I'm definitely hearing an improvement over the last sub, but I think this has brought some new issues to light. First off, the arrangement has a few areas that are really sparse, 1:36-2:07 coming to mind first. I think there's some areas that can either be trimmed down or filled up with something new and original.

I appreciate you working on adding more highs and lows, but I think you went a little overboard, and now there's a lack of mids. Working on balancing it back the other way might solve some of the sparse feeling in the arrangement.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

not a lot to add here.. a lot of the backing seems to be sampled from the original (particularly in the intro), or at least replicated with similar instruments. might be a point of concern if this one sees a passing resubmission sometime.

I think the whole drumstep-ish approach is a very interesting one, and I am digging the arrangement ideas, but I gotta agree that while the instruments themselves sound fine, they're not blending very cohesively.

NO(resub)