*NO* Sonic & Knuckles 'Hidden Palace'

DragonAvenger

My remixer name is Xorda

My real name is Rev. Augustin Anthony Chenault

My email address is

The name of the game the song is from is Sonic & Knuckles for Sega Genesis and Windows

The name of the arrangement is "Hidden Majesty of Mobius"

The original song is the music from the Hidden Palace zone within the game

I borrowed the beginning riff from a youtube video I saw many years ago. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the video or the artist behind it. However, the rest of the song is an original arrangement.

--Xorda

---------------

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty cool soundscape in the opening, though the synth that the main melody is played on is a little bit ugly and doesn't quite fit the rest of the track.. It's pretty dry and brittle, and the sequencing is pretty static. I think it needs some modulation to really get some personality infused into it. I also thing the drums are a little too static and repeat too frequently.

The structure is changed slightly from the original, but it works well enough. I think this is a good start, but needs the main melody synth to be improved, the drums need to be a bit more exciting, and the dynamic shifts could be a little stronger, though I think that would mainly involve beefing up the drums a bit. I do really like this, but it needs some more polish before it's front page worthy. :-)

No, please resubmit

• 4 weeks later...

As usual, Andrew has hit all the aspects of the mix that need fixing. I think in addition to what he has already mentioned, I feel like you could do a little more to some of the sections between the main melody areas. Focusing on the bass is cool, but maybe the next time around have something else to fill in the space. I'd suggest using our WIP forums to get some further feedback, as well.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

agreed with my fellow j's. i like the arrangement, there is some cool reharmonization and those bass slides are a nice touch. the instruments however are vanilla (I could name the sytrus presets in this track :P), and the mixing gets a little unbalanced and muddy at times, and the drums are flimsy sounding.

definitely shows promise in the arrangement. keep working at it. :)

NO(resub)